[rt-users] RT Book : does it worth?

Ham MI-ID, Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Thu Feb 5 08:37:32 EST 2009

Hi Andrea,

i remember a threat like this some months ago and again: Yes, the book is still actual! There are many changes since 2005 but the core and most of the main features are working the same way.

Torsten

Kuehne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG, Geschaeftsleitung: Hans-Georg Brinkmann (Vors.), Uwe Bielang (Stellv.), Bruno Mang, Dirk Blesius (Stellv.), Alfred Manke, Christian Marnetté (Stellv.),  Mark Reinhardt (Stellv.), Jens Wollesen, Rainer Wunn, Sitz: Bremen, Registergericht: Bremen, HRA 21928, USt-IdNr.: DE 812773878, Persoenlich haftende Gesellschaft: Kuehne & Nagel A.G., Sitz: Contern/Luxemburg Geschaeftsfuehrender Verwaltungsrat: Klaus-Michael Kuehne

-----Urspruengliche Nachricht-----
Von: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] Im Auftrag von Andrea Perotti
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2009 10:11
An: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Betreff: [rt-users] RT Book : does it worth?

Hi guys
	is the book published by O'Reilly still actual or too much time has passed since 2005 and the info written there are no more updated?

I've seen in changelog from 3.6 to 3.8 a big step head and reading about the idea of release 4.0 during 2009 make me even more in doubt about buying it...

Have you read it? Did you find it useful, or the way RT is intended to be documented nowadays is via wiki and this ML ?

Thank you for your answers and opinions.

cheers

--
Andrea Perotti
   Cutaway S.r.l.