[rt-users] Hardware Config

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Tue Feb 10 06:29:02 EST 2009

Martin Maurer wrote:
>> I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting a little uncomfortable
>> with your posts (to RT-Users and to the Wiki) being little more than an
>> advert for proxmox rather than a real contribution to the community.
>
> Hi Mike,

<snip>
As I said, I just thought it needed toning down a little.

1. RT-Users
The question was "Anyone use RT virtualised?".
Your answer was "Yes, we do it in Proxmox, and by the way here are the
reasons why proxmox is better than other virtualisation products" rather
than "yes, we do it in Proxmox, here's some info about running RT in
proxmox"

2. The wiki
When proxmox was added to the installation instructions page, rather
than adding an appropriate entry for proxmox in the specifics section
(as it is now) or below, it was added at the very top in its own section
so a paraphrased version of the page looked like this:
Installation Instructions:
1. Proxmox
2. Source
3. Platform-Specific

I see no problem whatsoever in putting a link to proxmox installation
instructions on that page, in fact it's THE place to put it, but I found
making it the number one entry on the page in that way distasteful.

I by no means want to discourage people from using proxmox, I don't want
to discourage you from recommending it to people as an option, I don't
even wish to suggest your contributions to the community are anything
less than angelic.

I just thought that the way you were advertising it was very overbearing
and appeared intensely commercial.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com