[rt-users] Search hangs RT

Anne-Marie Achrenius ama at chalmers.se
Tue Feb 10 08:21:15 EST 2009

Hello!

I'm new to the list and I'm in a bit of a pickle, our RT-guru is on
paternity leave and we've started having problems with our RT-installation.
I've tried searching the list archives for something similar, but
nothing fits exactly:

The problem: Often (not every time, maybe 8 out of 10) when I perform a
Search in RT, the search hangs.
The mysqld process is at 100 % cpu. When reading the log files, this
jumps out:

/var/lib/mysql/blaha.log:

SELECT GET_LOCK('Apache-Session-ed5bea237ae21873fecd13ade9cb3f63', 3600)

and after a few minutes the web-interface returns with "500 Internal
Server Error"

I've so far tried to decrease the LOCK time in
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Apache/Session/Lock/MySQL.pm
but that doesn't seem to help at all.
I've enabled logging of slow mysql queries, but so far no log entries

We're running RT 3.7.5
                     mysql 14.7
                     apache 2.0.52

Does anyone have any suggestions or similar problems?
I can't pinpoint when we started having problems, 2-3 weeks ago, and the
problem seems to slowly escalate.

/Anne-Marie