[rt-users] Eeek! RT is unable to connect to database

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Tue Feb 10 14:37:33 EST 2009

Report the results of a diff between the old version of my.cnf and the one
after your changes.

James Moseley

             Jerrad Pierce
             <jpierce at cambridg
             eenergyalliance.o                                          To
             rg>                       jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
                                                                        cc
             02/10/2009 01:17          RT Users
             PM                        <RT-Users at lists.bestpractical.com>,
                                       rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractica
                                       l.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [rt-users] Eeek! RT is unable
                                       to connect to database

> Assuming nothing changed within the RT directory, it might be helpful for
> you to post the mysql you used to tune the database and the syntax used
> back out of the changes.
No SQL was used, just variables via my.cnf
The problem persists whether or not they are set.

> Hopefully you have a current mysql backup of the RT database.  ;-)
Relatively, as of about 3 this morning. But the database itself is there
and fine. As previously indicated. I can connect to it manually, and
programmatically. RT just seems to have decided to throw a hissy fit.