[rt-users] tracking tickets which have been replied to?

John Rouillard rouilj at renesys.com
Wed Feb 11 17:52:34 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 02:17:45PM -0800, Jo Rhett wrote:
> Okay, this is so obvious of a requirement in a ticket system that I've
> been spinning in circles assuming I'm overlooking something.  However,
> I haven't found it, so could someone please clue me in how to do this?
>
> Ticket opened by a customer - needs response
> Ticket replied to by helpdesk - has been handled
> Ticket replied to by a customer - needs response again
>
> Unfortunately, I see nothing in RT which will highlight that message
> and bring it up on anyone's screen as needing action.  Yes, an e-mail
> will go out.  But I'm looking for the following kind of things:
>
> 1. If not responded to within a given period, unassign from owner and/
>    or escalate in some visible fashion
>
> 2. Bring it to the top of everyone's list as needing action.
>
> I'm guessing that the solution will rely on something like this:
>
> A) A global script to lower priority on Comment or Correspondence (or
>    Resolve) below a certain number
> B) A global script to raise priority on update from customer above
>    that certain number
> C) An rt-crontool script to annoy people about priority > certain
>    number unanswered tickets
>
> Has anyone else already run down this road?

Not exactly what you are looking for, but I set the status to stalled
when I am waiting for input from the user.  Then the default global
script:

  On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank

will open the ticket again when the user (or anybody else) responds
normally (as opposed to responding with a comment).

A canned search for open tickets sorted by last updated time should
bubble it to the top of the list. I have such a bookmarked search
running as my status display every 10 minutes or so.

--
				-- rouilj

John Rouillard
System Administrator