[rt-users] DBD::mysql error when installing rt 3.8.2 on Cent OS 5.2

Shannon Adams shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 18:29:07 EST 2009

I am in the process of migrating RT from an old server running Fedora Core 4, RT ver 3.8.1, and mysql version 4.1.20-log.  I upgraded RT on this old server a while back and ran into the random logouts, binary attachment problems, etc.

I have installed a new server running Cent OS 5.2.  The installation of RT 3.8.2 and restore of the data from the old server is complete. This server is running mysql version 5.0.45.

>From what I have read in all the documents, I need to upgrade my database on the new server since it was running on an old version of mysql.  However, when I run this:  "perl etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl rt3 password password > sql.queries", it returns:

DBD::mysql version 4.002 required--this is only version 3.0007 at etc/upgrade/up
grade-mysql-schema.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl line 7.

To attempt to upgrade DBD::mysql, I run: perl -MCPAN -e'install DBD::mysql' but, it returns:

Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

Any ideas?