[rt-users] WebService for RT?

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Thu Feb 19 13:01:43 EST 2009

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Thu 19.Feb'09 at 16:50:03 +0100, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
>> There is a REST interface and a corresponding Perl module (though that
>> might be a bit outdated with 3.8).
>
> I'm using RT::Client::REST against 3.8.2 just fine.

I'm also right now working on a ruby class that does essentially the same thing.

Using RT::Client::REST (or my ruby class when its finished) it should not be
hard to wrap the whole API in an XML-RPC service, or something similar, if you
really wanted to.  Though the wisdom of making a web service that accesses
another web service would definitely be questioned.  I suppose its likely that
if you are using, say, classic ASP, that XML-RPC access to RT::Client::REST
might be a far shade easier to code than re-writing RT::Client::REST in ASP.

If I can get permission to open source my ruby class, I will.

   Tom Lahti
   BIT Statement LLC

   http://www.bitstatement.net/