[rt-users] RT 3.8 mangles html attachment

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 20 13:04:38 EST 2009

On Thu 19.Feb'09 at 13:48:48 -0500, Todd Chapman wrote:
>      Well, what does the database say for content-type? Is the content in the
>      database 'right'?
>
>    Sorry. And thanks again for all the help!
>
>    mysql> select Subject, Filename, ContentType, ContentEncoding, Headers
>    from Attachments where id=10792\G

This really does look like our content-type sniffing for HTML probably
wants to look inside the content for an encoding. But there's a chicken
and egg problem there.

I think you probably want to see if Encode::Guess does the right thing
with your utf-16 html. If so, then it might be a problem in how RT uses
it.

I look forward to further triage.

-j