[rt-users] Second Instance Of RT (for branding purposes)

Raed El-Hames rfh at vialtus.com
Mon Feb 23 12:35:53 EST 2009

Doug;

Are you using fast cgi , or mod_perl ??, with fastcgi you can run as
many instances you want  --sorry I don't use so I do n't have working
apache config,
with mod_perl you suppose to only run one instance due to how the
mod_perl/mason work, however I did find a work around and this is how I
got my instances working:

for each instance (brand), I have
RT_SiteConfig_brandx.pm (all in /opt/rt3/local/etc/ )
webmux-brandx.pl (which is a copy of webmux.pl adding the line
$ENV{'SERVER'}    = 'my_brandx_instance.com'; #at the top where the rest
of $ENV is being defined

Modify local/lib/RT.pm adding :

if ($ENV{'SERVER'} eq 'my_brandx_instance.com' ) {
        $SITE_CONFIG_FILE = '/opt/rt3/local/etc/RT_SiteConfig_brandx.pm' ;
}elsif ($ENV{'SERVER'} eq 'my_brandy_instance.com' ) {
        $SITE_CONFIG_FILE = '/opt/rt3/local/etc/RT_SiteConfig_brandy.pm' ;
}

You add these lines @ the top/start of sub LoadConfig

In you httpd.conf you call the correct webmux for your instance:
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux-brandx.pl

Thats it, the above setup allow you to share the same RT directory , so
customisation is easier,

Hope that helps,

Regards;
Roy