[rt-users] Relative Dates in Search

Cassandra Phillips-Sears cassandra at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 26 11:36:57 EST 2009

Hi Stephen. I use some dashboard searches that work like this. I
usually calculate my searches from the ticket's due date, but you
could use the "started" date or "created" or any other date you wanted.

To see things that are due today and were due any time in the past, I
use the following string in my search after setting other criteria:

AND ( Due = 'today' OR Due < 'today')

I also have another search that shows me things that aren't due yet:

AND Due > 'today'

If you are looking for more relative dates, I played around with this
format for a few minutes and it seemed to work:

AND (  Due < 'today' AND Due > 'last week' )

Let me know if it works for you.

It looks like you can get it down to 1 week in either direction, but I
don't know how it would be adapted to show something like "two weeks
ago" or "the week before last week," though. I tried putting those
phrases in the strings and the query didn't return what I wanted.
--
Cassandra Phillips-Sears

Office Manager
Best Practical Solutions, LLC