[rt-users] Error on including RTFM Article in Answer to Ticket

who else bogey_63 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 09:37:00 EST 2009

Hi all,

am a newbie with RT and RTFM, but got it up and running for two days now. I
figured out a lot of things myself, and besides buying RT Essentials, which
will amazon will ship today, and checking out various options in RT, i got a
weird Errormessage, where neither Uncle Google finds anything nor Auntie
Searchbutton here in the list archives.

So, the error message is:

Can't call method "Id" on an undefined value at
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-FM/lib/RT/URI/fsck_com_rtfm.pm line 133.

What happened before:

I configured RTFM, created two classes and a bunch of topics, as well as a
wikitext entry user defined field, to be able to enter the long version of
the summary. Then i entered some articles to check out the article
integration in RT

I opened a new ticket and clicked on answer. Then i selected an Entry of
RTFM to be included in the answer. Which was shown in the text editor after
i made changes to another field and hit the Enterkey. I selected the entry
by popuplist, by entering the article number i got the same errormessage

Then i clicked on the "Update" Button and was presented with the error
message above.

I don't claim that my workflow is correct :-), but i was wondering about
this error message. Since no search yielded in any information i hope
someone here has an idea about this.

RT 3.8.2 (and RTFM 2.4.2 i think it is, latest version) is running on
Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8+etch13 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c
mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8

My apache error.log says something like this:

 [warning]: Could not determine a URI scheme for IT/article/3
(/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/URI.pm:139)
(in fact i wanted to include article #3 in the email)

 Everything else is seems to run smooth enough, no hiccups whatsoever,
currently :-)

It might be a configuration issue, but i haven't any clue, where to check
this out.

So, if you got a chance to let me know, where i will have to dig deeper
into, i'd be glad. I wouldn't mind a pointer how to fix this either.

Thank you for your time.

Best

w_e