[rt-users] REST add/update a user

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Fri Feb 27 15:55:34 EST 2009

Joel Schuweiler wrote:
> Hrm... I thought xml was standard when doing rest, is this not the case?
> Is there a method to get rt to handle xml for bother get/post ?

Nope.  RT uses RFC822 formatted forms, not XML.  You can write a library
that transforms your XML into the forms and vice versa, if you want to code
to XML for some reason.

But if you are coding in perl, just use RT::Client::REST from CPAN.  If you
are coding in ruby, wait a week or two and I'll be open sourcing a gem.  If
you are coding in something else -- write your own. ;)

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117
   http://www.bitstatement.net/