[rt-users] RT2.0.15 to RT3.8.1

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 16:35:31 EST 2009

--- On Tue, 1/6/09, Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [rt-users] RT2.0.15 to RT3.8.1
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Date: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 10:48 AM

I successfully migrated a RT 2.0.15 system to RT 3.8.1.  Everything worked quite well, with only 2 small stumbling blocks:

1) The importer didn't like to import tickets/queues that were disabled.  So, I re-enabled all the queues, did a new dump/import.  All went well.

2) I had to modify how mysql started:
  --max_allowed_packet=128M     as recommended at http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/PgToMySQL  to get rid of a 'max allowed packet' error I got.

What is the recommended max_allowed_packet size for RT3?  Is there a performance hit making it too big, as I set above?  The default value (16M) would cause a failure during the import, but I'm not sure how it would behave now that the import is finished.  I don't want it to crash later though.