[rt-users] RT 3.8.2 packages for Debian Lenny?

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 9 09:41:56 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 02:11:49PM +0100, Martin Maurer wrote:

> The point is that Lenny will be the stable release soon and I see no way to use experimental repos or a mix - so we need Lenny packages.

That's not quite true. It's perfectly possible to add additional
resources to the sources.list and use package pinning; in fact with
experimental packages won't be pulled in by default anyway.

> So as it cannot goes into the official Lenny, we need someone who runs and maintains the rt 3.8.x packages for Lenny.

I will maintain packages in backports.org if necessary, but at the
moment the packages in experimental work fine on lenny so there is no
need to explicitly backport them. If that changes in the future I will
ensure that there are working versions on backports.org (bear in mind
that the lenny-backports repository isn't open yet).

I'll try and maintain documentation for use of the packages on etch and
lenny at <http://pkg-request-tracker.alioth.debian.org/>. I'm currently
deploying rt3.8 using the packages in experimental on etch, and will do
so on lenny at some point after the release, so I'm aware of the need to
make sure they're installable.

Dominic.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team