[rt-users] Foreign Language Emails Support

Potla, Ashish Bassaliel c_apotla at qualcomm.com
Fri Jan 16 08:17:27 EST 2009

Hello All,

I am setting up a queue thats primarily going to be used by users in China. Therefore the incoming emails contain foreign characters.

But when RT forwards the email messages, the chinese characters are transformed to a bunch of '?' characters.

My question is :
1. Do I need to tweak the RT code in order to support foreign characters in emails?
2. Is it a database issue?

I am not good at the database admin stuff but I got one here who can understand what you guys might probably have to say.
Currently the Oracle 10 database parameters that I use is as:
CHARSET -- AL32UTF8
NCHARSET --AL16UTF16

NOTE: The language of the web interface is English and unchanged.
Thanks in advance.

-Ashish
IT Consultant
Qualcomm