[rt-users] Another question about importing RT2 to RT3

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 11:54:51 EST 2009

I've been having pretty good success with my import, but am curious about the 'incremental' update.  In the README, it states:

===
rt-2.0-to-dumpfile NEWDIRNAME since 2003-01-01

         (replace that date with the date before the initial export)

Then execute:

dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 NEWDIRNAME
===

What if there is overlap?  Is it best to go with a little overlap, to make sure you don't miss anything?  (ie: if the original dump wasn't done on exactly 00:00:00 of a particular day, there would either be overlap or a gap, wouldn't there?)