[rt-users] Slow RT 3.8.2 GUI through SPARC/Solaris Firefox 3?

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 16:15:18 EST 2009

--- On Thu, 1/22/09, Kim Flowers (Mr.) <kflowers at latticesemi.com> wrote:

> From: Kim Flowers (Mr.) <kflowers at latticesemi.com>
> Subject: [rt-users] Slow RT 3.8.2 GUI through SPARC/Solaris Firefox 3?
> To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
> Date: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 1:55 PM
> Has anyone else had performance issues using the RT (3.8.2)
> GUI through the Firefox 3.x browser running on
> SPARC/Solaris?

Yes, actually.  I've seen the same thing.  Firefox3 seems to have some issues with various types of pages, particularly pages with background images.  There are a few threads on the firefox forums about this, with no good resolution other than running a little 'pre-surfing' script:

javascript:(function(){var%20e=document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].setAttribute('style','background-image:none;');})()

This might help, even though it's a pain to do every time.  The odd thing about the problem is that it's not very predictable.  Some people on beefy systems have the problem, but other people on sub-optimal systems have no problems.