[rt-users] Custom field set based on value of another customfield...

Ham MI-ID, Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Sat Jan 24 04:45:07 EST 2009

Hi Calvin,
looking up the database is a possible, but ugly way i think. Inside the RT Wiki you will find much better solutions:

Custom Action:

Get Content from CF1:

my $cf1 = $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('CF1Name');

Then compare against something if needed

Write Content to CF2:

$self->TicketObj->AddCustomFieldValue(Field => 'CF2Name', Value => $cf1, RecordTransaction => 1); (or use 0 to not record Transaction)

Around this you need only a Custom Condition where you check if CF Content has changed.

It is much cleaner i think.,

Torsten

Kuehne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG, Geschaeftsleitung: Hans-Georg Brinkmann (Vors.), Uwe Bielang (Stellv.), Bruno Mang, Dirk Blesius (Stellv.), Alfred Manke, Christian Marnetté (Stellv.),  Mark Reinhardt (Stellv.), Jens Wollesen, Rainer Wunn, Sitz: Bremen, Registergericht: Bremen, HRA 21928, USt-IdNr.: DE 812773878, Persoenlich haftende Gesellschaft: Kuehne & Nagel A.G., Sitz: Contern/Luxemburg Geschaeftsfuehrender Verwaltungsrat: Klaus-Michael Kuehne