[rt-users] Safari RSS with RT 3.8.2

Paul Hirose pthirose at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jan 29 20:13:02 EST 2009

I've seen threads related to this in rt-users.  The error is "The feed could not be loaded because the content is not in a known feed format.. (PubSub:2) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

The closest was Dec-12-2008 specifically that a feed reader that supports RT's cookie auth or use RT with external authentication.  Although this was directly at a RT 3.6 install.  Another similar back to Sep-2006.

I do have RT382 setup with external auth (CAS, in our case.)  As best as I can gather, there is no "RSS Feeder that automatically speaks and logs-in to CAS".  So in Firefox, I open up one tab, and login to RT (via CAS.)  As long as my CAS "session" is good, my RSS feed in firefox works fine.

I try the same thing in Safari and it doesn't.  I can indeed login to RT via CAS.  But running a separate Safari browser, or a separate tab or other method and going to RSS (even though the CAS part is indeed logged in ok), I still get the same error.

Is it still basically a Safari problem (I'm guessing) as it works with IE and Firefox?  If so, has anyone managed a work-around (either on Safari side or on RT side?)

Thank you,
PH

--
Paul Hirose          : pthirose at ucdavis.edu : Sysadm Motto: rm -fr /MyLife
1034 Academic Surge  : Programmer/Analyst   : Backup Motto : rm -fr /