[rt-users] RT3 new install and customisations.

Erwan HAMON hamon.erwan at free.fr
Mon Jul 13 02:28:24 EDT 2009

Hello all,

This is my first post on this list.

I am installing RT3 at a small software company as part of an intership to get
an engineering degree.

Some RT3 customisations I did might be useful to others from what I read at a
quick glance in this list archives.

- Extensive rework to LDAPImport (version 0.04) so as to:
  + Share LDAP parameters with RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08

  + Synchronise in almost real time RT3 users with LDAP by reading LDIF
    files in a cron job.

  + Allow RT3 custom fields to be fed from LDAP as well.

  + Add users to RT3 groups acording to two mechanisms (LDAP attribute
    and LDAP search base)

- One scrip to add as CC to new tickets members of the same groups as
  the requestor. (Many users for one client account)

- Plus a few cosmetic or localisation improvements at RTx::EmailCompletion
  and "show status in color".

My code still needs some clean-up as I am new to Perl and I haven't looked at
how to package it.

I guess I will publish the scrip on best-practical's wiki, but how should I
proceed to have patches and rewrite published or merged with existing
extensions?

Regards,

--
Erwan HAMON - http://hamon.erwan.free.fr/