[rt-users] (no subject)

Carlos A. Alvarez carlos.alvarez at commxinc.com
Mon Jul 13 21:59:16 EDT 2009

I will like to create a scrip where the status of a ticket is automatically changed from open to stalled when a Owner replies to a requestor. I am using rt-crontool to monitor the status of the tickets and auto resolve the ticket after 72 hours of inactivity.  I created a custom field to monitor the status of the crontool, but my problem is that when the customer replies, I can’t rely on my techs to change the status of the ticket manually.

I tried creating User Defined Scrip which works fine, exept it executes each time, indiscriminately. Let me try to explain, I have one script that changes the status from open to stalled, when a technician replies, and another that changed the status back to open when the customer/requestor replies.  I can see that both scrips are executing at the same time regardless of who initiated the correspondence.

I know that I am missing something basic, but I don’t know what.  Can anyone help.

Scrip 1 customer reply
$self->TicketObj->AddCustomFieldValue(Field => 'Support Status', Value => ' ');
$self->TicketObj->AddCustomFieldValue(Field => 'AutoClosure', Value => ' ');
$self->TicketObj->SetStatus("open");
return 1;

Scrip 2 Owner reply
$self->TicketObj->AddCustomFieldValue(Field => 'Support Status', Value => 'Awaiting Customer');
$self->TicketObj->SetStatus("stalled");
return 1;

Thanks…