[rt-users] RT for Project Management

Bryan Ellinger ellinger at adi.com
Thu Jul 23 15:00:27 EDT 2009

All,

I would like to get started using RT for PM of a hardware, software integration project. There has been talk on this list about
using RT for project management. However, I have not read much about how others are doing it.
For instance, what is the most sensible way to set up queues? It seems like it might be good to give each group, e.g. SW
engineering, HW engineering, Applications Engineering etc., their own queue. But how would one determine which tickets belong to
which of many possible projects? Should each project have it's own queue instead?
Anyone care to share how they apply RT to their general PM processes? It would be a big help to me.

Sincerely,
Bryan

Bryan D. Ellinger <ellinger at adi.com>
Applications Engineer