[rt-users] Migrating from Postgres to MySQL

Kage kagekonjou at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:35:12 EDT 2009

Well, basically, Postgres is seemingly a bucket of fail specifically
for the RT system I maintain.  We run RT/Postgres on a Ubuntu Hardy
LTS virtual machine running 2 virtual CPUs and the KVM maximum of 2GB
RAM, but Postgres ends up using so much in resources that it actually
kills the entire KVM system on the virtual host.  I know tuning of
Postgres can fix this, but we've experienced issues with Postgres on
many other virtual machines, leading us to believe that it may simply
be an issue with Postgres not getting along well with KVM (which is a
somewhat known issue).  Ideally, I want to migrate my RT database from
Postgres to MySQL, and preserve ALL data (tickets, attachments, links,
everything).  Is there an "guaranteed to work" method to do this that
anyone knows of?  Thanks!

Specs:
Postgres: 8.3
RT: 3.6.5
MySQL candidate on Hardy: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

--
~ Kage
http://vitund.com