[rt-users] Migrating from Postgres to MySQL

Kage kagekonjou at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:12:55 EDT 2009

(didn't do a reply-all, sorry if you get this twice, Ken)

What, if any, performance gains exist by using an NFS mountpoint for
the Postgres database within a virtual machine?  In this case, I/O is
not directly placed on the virtual disk (unless the actual "act" of
I/O itself, regardless of what is being acted upon (virtual disk or
not), is also an issue).  Could this potentially yield any performance
increase?

Also, no, I have not tried MySQL yet with our RT setup.  I'd like to
move our database to MySQL to do some testing with that and gather
realistic metrics of "here's our data in Postgres vs. MySQL".

--
~ Kage
http://vitund.com