[rt-users] Table 'rt3.ObjectCustomFields' doesn't exist

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 13:27:40 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM, <raymond at pilotsupplies.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the suggestion.
>
> I'll give that a shot. This is a migration from an old box running 3.2.2 to
> a  new server which is rt 3.8.4 fresh install.  Will I need to do "make
> upgrade" as indicated in the 3.8.4 README file?

Nope, you run `make install` instead of `make upgrade` as you have no
RT files on new server.

> I am exporting rt 3.2.2 db on old server and importing to the new server
> running rt 3.8.4

Don't forget to using --default-charset=binary, both on export and
import. Check exact syntax in mysql's docs. It's important or you can
break every binary attachment.

> mysql -u root -p rt3 < oldrt3.2.2.db.sql

mysql --default-charset=binary -u root -p rt3 < oldrt3.2.2.db.sql

--
Best regards, Ruslan.