[rt-users] Scrip to auto-resolve a ticket based on subject

Terence Monteiro terence at deeproot.co.in
Fri Jul 31 08:10:24 EDT 2009

It benefits the community if you reply/Cc to the list.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 08:25:59PM +1000, David Hooton wrote:
> Thank you for your help Terrence..

That would be Terence with a single r.

> So I've fixed the escaping, thankyou!
>
> I don't understand this however:
>
> " Also, Perl return value for true is 1 and if you want the scrip to
> execute for subject matching, you'll want to put return 1 inside the if
> body."

Inside the if block, you need to put return 1 instead of return 0. So if
the subject matches the pattern, the action is executed. In the else
part, you can have return undef.

> Can you explain what I should be changing and where?  I'm sorry I am very unskilled in perl.
>
> Finally I can not find "resolve ticket" in the action list..?  Is that a problem?

Never mind. It doesn't seem to be there. Ensure you have return 1 in you
action preparation code. You can refer the wiki for a resolve ticket
scrip action:

    http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ResolveTicket

--
Regards, Terence.