[rt-users] TransactionBatch Question

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 1 12:32:12 EDT 2009

Stephen,

    I use it a lot. My understanding, and experience, is that with
TransdactionCreate, the scrip you write may not execute until after
certain built-in RT transactions have executed (with commit) and with
TransactionBatch, they all execute in sequence (alphabetical) followed
by the commit. I may have the terminology wrong here, but that's my
experience. Therefore, I have re-named many of my scrips to run in a
certain sequence. When I have a template that is using a CF that is
updated in a scrip, it doesn't always show unless I set the scrips for
TransactionBatch.
    Another thing I noticed. When I ran a scrip with TransactionBatch
and added some CC's in the Prep Action section, several notification
scrips for CC's executed. But when I set those CC's in Cleanup Action,
all other scrips had already executed so the CC notification scrips did
not kick off (which was what I wanted in the first place).
    I may not be technically correct on some of this, but that's what I
have noticed. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL