[rt-users] TransactionBatch Question

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 1 14:15:09 EDT 2009

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 13:55:23 -0400, Ruslan Zakirov
<ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Stephen Turner <sturner at mit.edu> wrote:
>> I'm playing with the TransactionBatch feature and I'm curious: if you
>> use
>> $self->TransactionObj in a custom scrip condition for a TransactionBatch
>> scrip, what do you get? My understanding is that this stage does not
>> execute in the context of a transaction.
>
> It does, you get first transaction that matched the condition, so
> not-batch-mode-aware scrips can still work as expected.

Ah, thanks, I almost understand it now! So, is the scrip invoked once per
transaction until a transaction matches the scrip condition?

I'm testing with a simple scrip that just returns a value from the custom
condition, and I update a ticket with status change and two CF changes. If
the scrip returns 0, I see the scrip being invoked three times, once for
each of the field-change transactions. If the scrip returns 1, it runs
only once.

Steve