[rt-users] RT-3.8.3, RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08 login issue

Matt Millard gocyclones at eml.cc
Thu Jun 4 12:52:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Mike Peachey <mike.peachey at jennic.com>
wrote:

    Wed 03 Jun 2009 19:24:45 GMT
    Matt Millard wrote:

    I'm gonna keep this brief:

    1. Remove ldap:// from the server URI, I don't know off the top of
    my
    head if it would work or not, but it certainly works without it.

Removed and made no difference.

    2. As per the README, the ExternalAuth settings need to be pasted
    into
    your normal RT_SiteConfig.pm. If you leave them in the example file
    in
    the plugins directory, they will not be read.

The should be included if I add the "require" line in my
RT_SiteConfig.pm though.  I moved them over to the RT_SiteConfig.pm
anyway and removed the require.  No difference.

    3. You have a dead line in your config:
    Set(ExternalAuthPriority,['My_LDAP','My_MySQL','My_Oracle','SecondaryLDAP','Other-DB']);
    Set($ExternalAuthPriority,['My_LDAP']);

This first line was actually already commented out.  So no difference.

    Kill the first one.

    4. The stack trace for the Failed Login message is of no use. You
    need
    to enable debug logging, and log to file. This will give you very
    verbose output as to precisely what is happening with the LDAP side
    of
    things.

Logging turned on now and I still was just seeing invalid user/password
errors.  So I started going line by line through my config and triple
checking everything.  It turns out I had a typo in the ldap server name.
 Very frustrating as that was cleansed when I sent to the list.  At
least it is working now.  Very frustrated that it was a typo on my part
though.

    Have fun.

    --
    Kind Regards,

    Mike Peachey, IT
    Tel: +44 114 281 2655
    Fax: +44 114 281 2951
    Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
    Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
    http://www.jennic.com

---
  Matt Millard
  gocyclones at eml.cc