[rt-users] HOWTO: add entries to Status field

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Jun 5 13:46:49 EDT 2009

Michael,

    You will need to go to $RTHOME/etc and change the RT_SiteConfig.pm
file. this is what WE have set:

*@ActiveStatus = ('new', 'open', 'QA testing', 'stalled') unless
@ActiveStatus;*

   We are on 3.6.4 so if the directory sequences have changed for later
versions, what I say here will also need to be changed accordingly. If
you want any new status to also show in the queries "MySupportQueues"
and "QuickSearch", the you have to add the new status values in these
modules at $RTHOME/local/html/Elements (for both "MySupportQueues" and
"QuickSearch"). We did ours this way:

"MySupportQueues" -- replacement code of line #52:

# LBNL replacement code  ===============
conditions => [ {cond => "Status = 'new'",  name => loc ('new')  },
                          {cond => "Status = 'open'",  name => loc
('open')  },
                          {cond => "Status = 'QA testing'",  name => loc
('QA testing')  },
                          {cond => "Status = 'stalled'", name => loc
('stalled') }] &>
# end of LBNL replacement code

"Quicksearch" -- Replacement code for line #54:
# LBNL replacement code ===============
conditions => [ {cond => "Status = 'new'",  name => loc ('new')  },
                          {cond => "Status = 'open'", name => loc
('open') },
                          {cond => "Status = 'QA testing'", name => loc
('QA testing') },
                          {cond => "Status = 'stalled'", name => loc
('stalled') }] &>
# end of LBNL replacement code

    If you don't have these modules in /local/ you will need to copy
them over from /share/. That should do it. Good luck!

Kenn
LBNL