[rt-users] How do you "reset" an RT database to "freshly installed" status?

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Mon Jun 8 11:07:41 EDT 2009

I'm working on converting from an old RT2 to a 3.6.x vintage RT3.  So
far, mostly pretty successfully.  I got the new one set up to
authenticate off of our Active Directory, and also to create new RT
accounts from AD.  And I got the email interface up and running.

I downloaded the latest "rt2-to-rt3" scripts, and over the weekend I ran
the export.  It went just fine.

The import that I ran this morning ran great for quite a while, then
crashed when it got a duplicate key error on the Attachments table.
There was some data in the system already before I started the
import...I deleted everything from the Tickets table but not
Attachments.  Oops.

Anyway, it looks like the import plausibly pulled in everything we
really care about...any ticket with an id less than 10000 is too old to
really care about...but I'm not 100% sure.  The export directories show
exactly 1000 tickets in every 1000-ticket range, but when I do a search
in the new RT for tickets between, say, 10000 and 11000, I seem to be
short by a few dozen.  Doing 'select count(*) from Tickets" on the old
shows 11801 rows, but on the new one it only shows 7135.

So I think I'd like to "hit the reset button" on the database and try
the import again.  What do I need to do to make the database look like a
fresh install with no activity in it yet?  Do I just delete all rows
from all tables?  That sounds a little dangerous...I'm assuming even a
fresh install has SOME rows that govern some basic system behavior.

I don't want to reinstall all of RT if I can help it...the perl code is
working fine; it's just the database I want to reset.

Thanks for any help...
--
Kendric Beachey

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation.