[rt-users] Escalating priorities and using 'LastUpdated' in searches

Jason Doran Jason.Doran at nuim.ie
Mon Jun 8 12:39:58 EDT 2009

Hi,
We are currently escalating priorities for all queues each night with a
cron job.

# escalate tickets for all queues
while (my $queue = $queues->Next) {
my $queuename = $queue->Name;
system("$crontool --search RT::Search::ActiveTicketsInQueue " .
"--search-arg \"$queuename\" ".
"--action RT::Action::EscalatePriority");
}

Now some people are complaing that they cannot look at tickets that
haven't been updated in a given time period (by a real person) using
'LastUpdated' in searches, since most tickets have their priority
updated every night and there is a transaction: root - Priority changed
from…

Is there a way to ignore transactions of priority change when running
queries using 'LastUpdated', or perhaps I should not run the cron job at
all. I am not sure that it really provides us with anything at the
moment other than being able to sort on priority. What do other people
do with escalating priorities and using LastUpdated in searches?

Regards,
Jason