[rt-users] RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow for the creation of a new user for your email

Kimberly McKinnis kmckinnis at tivo.com
Wed Jun 10 19:01:25 EDT 2009

I had RT 3.4.5 running smoothly until the machine died a horrible disk death. I recovered most everything, but I think I lost a scrip or config somewhere. I have a scrip that auto adds new users to their appropriate group based on the domain in their email. However, RT is no longer auto creating users on incoming emails, and instead replies with the following: "RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow for the creation of a new user for your email."

Does anyone know where this might be configured? I touch RT so infrequently these days. Thanks!

~~
Kimberly McKinnis
System Operations Engineer
Service Provider Division, TiVo Inc