[rt-users] Rights issue on Configuration -> Global -> RT at a glance on RT 3.8.2

Carlos Garcia Montoro cgarcia at ific.uv.es
Thu Jun 11 05:17:33 EDT 2009

Jo and Kenn,

Thank you for your comments about this issue. In the end it was a bug of
RT. Fortunately, I created a ticket on http://rt3.fsck.com/ and the
people from Best Practical (I think that they were Kevin Falcone and
Jesse Vincent) put their hands on it immediately and they have just
solved this /*security bug*/.

This is part of the message posted by Kevin Falcone:
 >The most important fix is that RT now requires the SuperUser
 >right to edit global RT at a Glance.  In all previous 3.8
 >releases, the "ShowConfigTab" right unintentionally enabled this.
 >If you have not granted this right to any non-administrative user,
 >then this issue should not affect you.

You can read the whole in the message "RT 3.8.4 Released" written by
Kevin. So, you probably should consider either to patch your current
installation or to upgrade it.

Kenn, Jo, thank you again for your help and comments, and thanks to the
people of bestpractical.

Best wishes,
Carlos