[rt-users] How ACL/E info needed and question about accessing a queue in Perl API?

Johnathan Bell johnathan.bell at baker.edu
Tue Jun 16 11:14:04 EDT 2009

I'm trying to modify some ACL's from a script. In particular, the user-
created group access rights for queues. Looking at the database, and
docs, it seems that ACE's only reference PrincipalID's.

My first question is, is what I just said true? Second, does the Id()
function of many (all?) objects return the same ID that needs to go
into the ACE in the ACL? Third... How do I load an existing queue in
the Perl API? For instance, to load a Group, I can:

--snip--
     my $groupObj = new RT::Group($currentUser);
     $groupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup($groupName);
--/snip--

and then reference the $groupObj for it's name, id, members, and so
on... How can I do this for a queue?

Is there something similar for queues, or do I need to attack this
from a different angle? The docs for queue and queues don't indicate
this is so, so I'm guessing that I need to go some other route. How do
I go about getting a queue into an RT::Queue variable?

thanks,
Johnathan

--
Johnathan Bell
Internet System Administrator, Baker College