[rt-users] It is posible to see custom fields in SelfService area for unprivileged users?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 16 17:07:19 EDT 2009

On Jun 11, 2009, at 10:50 AM, Julio Kalizsky (Defensoría General de la
Nación) wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It is posible to see custom fields in SelfService area for
> unprivileged users?
> If yes How?

Yes, many installations are doing it.

>  I was looking on the wiki and google but I could don't found the
> solution.
>  I trying to modify all permissions but unprivileged users never see
> the custom fields.
>  I’m using RT 3.8.3
>  Please, could some body help me with a tutorial step by step

You don't say if other users can see the Custom Fields, or if no users
can see them.

You must grant ModifyCustomField and/or SeeCustomField either on
each Custom Field object, or on a Queue or Global level, to the
Unprivileged
group.

You must also be sure that the Custom Field is applied to the Queue
or globally, otherwise it will never be visible.

-kevin