[rt-users] Slow querys - can I speed this up?

Jon Baker jbaker at wgm.us
Tue Jun 16 18:02:59 EDT 2009

RT frequently acts sluggish (this may or may not be related to my
other thread about mailgate timing out) so I've turned on the slow
query log in mySQL, and am getting this error quite frequently:

# Query_time: 160.388061  Lock_time: 0.000103 Rows_sent: 1
Rows_examined: 930035
SET timestamp=1245189464;
SELECT main.* FROM Attachments main  WHERE (main.Content IS NOT NULL
AND main.Content != '') AND (main.Parent = '964022') AND
(main.ContentType = 'text/plain')  ORDER BY main.id ASC;

I've put an index on the Parent and ContentType columns (it's not
letting me do it on the Content column because it's a BLOB) but that
doesn't seem to be speeding it up.  We just passed 30,000 tickets and
the Attachment table is huge (2.4 GiB)  Any ideas?
--
Jon Baker
Information Technology