[rt-users] Automatically filling in fields for a user based on user's info?

Johnathan Bell johnathan.bell at baker.edu
Wed Jun 17 11:15:17 EDT 2009

I'm trying to set something up where when a user creates a ticket,
some of the custom fields are automatically filled in based on the
user info.

I'm thinking that this is an application for a scrip... but I can't
seem any detailed info on scrips other than info about the pre-built
conditions, actions, and templates. It looks like if I can specify a
custom action for the ticket create condition, I can do what I want.
However, I can't seem to find any examples or details on what
contextual variables (eg. Ticket, Requester/Creator, Applicable Queue,
etc.) are available for Scrip code, or how to write one.

Furthermore, I know how to retrieve custom field info, but not how to
assign it from a script... what would the method to do this be?

Thanks,
Johnathan

--
Johnathan Bell
Internet System Administrator, Baker College