[rt-users] RT2toRT3, 2.0.15 to 3.8.x, and PostgreSQL

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 19 17:26:27 EDT 2009

On Jun 19, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> I've searched the list archives (well at least the "users") and took a
> brief look through the code but still have a few questions.
>
> 1. Will I be able to use RT2toRT3 with being PostgreSQL instead of
> MySQL?

Yes, the conversion is done in perl.  I've done it on mysql and postgres

> 2. Can I move the files created by rt-2.0-to-dumpfile from the current
> system to another then then run dumpfile-to-rt-3.0?

yes.

> 3. What is the minimum number of versions needed to get from 2.0.15 to
> 3.8.4?

I don't understand your questions, the converter will go directly
from 2.x to 3.x.  At one point it required you to go to 3.2 and
then go up from there, but that was fixed years ago.

> and while I'm asking
>
> 4. Has anyone actually done this?  I didn't see a follow-up to the
> message in the archives about going from 2.0.15 to 3.8.x

Do a test conversion and see what happens.
Use a backup of your rt2 database so you can do it all on your test box,
report bugs.

-kevin