[rt-users] Article creation permissions issue with RTFM

David Niemeijer lists at niemconsult.com
Sat Jun 20 09:38:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have just added RTFM (RTFM-2.4.2) to my RT install (rt-3.8.3) and
everything seems to work pretty well except for one issue. When I try
to add a new article to class X I get a permission denied result after
entering the basics, contents, topics and pressing Create. This is for
a user that is part for the group that has group that has the
following rights:

CreateArticle
ModifyArticle
SeeClass
ShowArticle
ShowArticleHistory

The article contains a custom field "body" for which this group has
the following rights:

AdminCustomField
ModifyCustomField
SeeCustomField

I have not set any special rights for the individual users, just for
the group of which they are part.

I can create new articles fine with the root user, just not with
regular user that is part of the group that should be able to add
articles.

Anyone an idea what I am doing wrong? Is there another right that I
must set? Do I need to clear some kind of cache (just loggin in and
out does not seem to address the issue)?

Thanks,

david.