[rt-users] CentOS 5 RPMs

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Mon Jun 22 17:40:18 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 14:27 -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> Anyone aware of RPMs for RT?  Specifically for CentOS 5 and hopefully
> for the latest (or nearly so) version of RT?

EPEL has rpms for RHEL5, but for the older stable 3.6.x version:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/SRPMS/repoview/rt3.html

> I've tried a few searches (Google and yum) but not having any luck. The
> stuff on the wiki is for CentOS 4 and uses MySQL (and probably a local
> database.)
>
> I may end up hacking the src RPM to see if I can get it to build for C5.

If you want the latest 3.8.x version and don't mind rebuilding and
possibly hacking src rpms, then you can try the ones from fedora:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Everything/source/SRPMS/repoview/rt3.html

> Package Managers make bus insurance (in North Idaho its logging truck
> insurance) easier to put in place.  :-)
>

> \\||/
> Rod
|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |