[rt-users] Redux: CentOS 5 RPMs

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Tue Jun 23 14:00:12 EDT 2009

Well after Helmuth reminded me of the CentOS installation guide I took
the time to give it a try.  Works quite well.

I still have a few packages missing and can't seem to figure out why
there are problems.

Net::Server goes _away_  while running tests and one perl process goes
<defunct> (I'm watching with top) at this point

t/Server_BASE.t ........... 6/6 _

two others (perl processes) just sit there but don't use any resources.

This is a Linux-Vserver guest so I suspect it might be a capabilities
issue but if anyone has run into a same/similar thing please let me know
so I can hunt in the right place.
    Once I figure this out I'm sure Net::Server::PreFork will install.

The packages are Calendar::Simple and XML::RSS neither of which will
install.  I have more research to do on these but again if anyone has
run into same/similar I'd appreciate any hints.

\\||/
Rod