[rt-users] Browser (Firefox) not saving username and passwords

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Thu Jun 25 16:28:42 EDT 2009

Dusty Wilson [Megagram] wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Roderick A.
> Anderson<raanders at cyber-office.net> wrote:
>> Is it me or has the capability of Firefox saving the username and
>> password for a site been disabled.

> autocomplete="off" /></span>
>
> The "autocomplete" prevents Firefox from saving the login information.

A Firefox specific attribute, ie. not part of the standard?  That sort
of bites.  I just tried with IE and get the same results so maybe a
proposed attribute for the input tag.

Well I'm off to fix that in the code.  Most of the users are in-house
and would get pretty tired of doing the username/password thing every
time.  They'll want it to be stored by Firefox and IE.

Thanks,
Rod