[rt-users] rt-shredder - quicker method?

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 11:58:53 EDT 2009

I'm pretty sure you have a slow query in the log of slow queries.

It happens on mysql when version of the server is older than 5.0.45,
cuz a query RT runs to build owners may slowdown because of mysql's
optimizer bug. Even on 5.0.45+ some indexes changes may be required to
improve situation.

If you're not eperienced in optimizing mysql then you can drop indexes
on CachedGroupMembers table that starts from MemberId column.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Simon Jester<sklutch at hostile.org> wrote:
> Ruslan Zakirov <ruslan.zakirov <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> In additon to indexes described in shredder documentation people
>> suggested index on Via column in CachedGroupMembers table and said
>> that it improves performance amazingly.
>>

> Has anyone else noticed a marked delay in the Query Builder search page after
> adding the recommended indexes?  Where it used to display in less than ~5
> seconds, it's now averaging ~16 seconds.
>
> What have I managed to break, now?
>
> Simon

Best regards, Ruslan.