[rt-users] Ticket ID as CHAR(32)?

Dusty Wilson [Megagram] dusty at megagram.com
Tue Jun 30 17:35:28 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Jesse Vincent<jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 03:06:17PM -0500, Dusty Wilson [Megagram] wrote:
>> I just sent an email about UNSIGNED INT for the database.  This is a
>> separate (but related) question:  Is there a reason why ticket IDs
>> can't be CHAR(32)?  I'd love to use a proper UUID as a ticket ID.
>
> That's going to break an awful lot of assumptions in RT's code. Primary
> keys are integers. And Ticket Id is as primary as they come. I'd be
> interested to see patches, but you're going to have your work cut out
> for you.

Are you aware of anywhere that the code does anything with that ticket
ID other than pass it around?  I haven't yet (but haven't done deep
digging) seen it being used for anything other than in the queries
themselves and displayed on the web UI and emails.  My change from
signed int(11) to unsigned int hasn't seemed to cause any trouble thus
far.  I'm willing to do the work if it doesn't seem unreasonable to
want this.