[rt-users] DB Problems upgrading to RT 3.8.2 from 3.6.5

David Hobley david.hobley at mionegroup.com
Mon Mar 2 18:58:25 EST 2009

Jesse,

Thanks for the suggestion - this is running on a separate test machine with nothing else running on it. Admittedly, it is running in a Xen VM, although this is the only VM on the underlying server and has been allocated both CPUs and all the RAM available. The file system is on the underlying disk, not an image on the underlying filesystem.

I will try with mysqltuner and get back to you.

The nightly backups are another option - the dump takes a couple of hours from memory, the reload takes 8. I'll look into that if mysqltuner doesn't help.

Cheers,
David