[rt-users] using custom field that applies to group as custom scrip condition

Paul Vlaar Paul_Vlaar at isc.org
Wed Mar 4 05:46:30 EST 2009

We're trying to base our autoreply on the value of a custom field that
applies to a group. So I've created a scrip that applies to a queue:

Condition: User Defined
Action: Autoreply To Requestors
Template: Global template: Contract Expiring
Stage: TransactionCreate

In the Custom condition this should only trigger when the custom field
"Contract Status" equals "expiring":

if ( $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create" &&
$self->TicketObj->GroupObj->FirstCustomFieldValue("Contract Status") eq
"expiring" )
  return 1;
} else {
  return 0;
}

I've also tried:

$self->GroupObj->FirstCustomFieldValue("Contract Status") eq
"expiring"

But this code doesn't trigger the template and I can't seem to find a
similar example of the use of custom group fields anywhere.

Thanks,

	~paul

--
Paul_Vlaar at isc.org - ISC Operations - PGP 0x294EC062