[rt-users] Sending a notification from a scrip custom action

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed Mar 4 17:59:24 EST 2009

Hi umm change+lists.rt,

Unless this has changed in the 3.8 line, you can't use a template to send
an e-mail in a custom action.

The way I get around it is to use the custom action to set a trigger and
then have another scrip (that uses that trigger as a custom condition) send
the e-mail.

In our case, we don't use the priority field of the tickets for anything
else, so my custom action assigns "5" to priority when I want to send an
e-mail.  Then I have another scrip that sends the e-mail when the priority
changes to "5".  You could use almost any unused field, or you could use a
custom field.

Regards,
Gene

--