[rt-users] Attachments: error 404 with single quotes in filename

Bernhard Hansbauer bernhard.hansbauer at greentube.com
Fri Mar 6 09:58:48 EST 2009

Hello,
I have recently posted an error with some attachments that can't be
shown and produce a 404 error.

I have found that this problem comes up when the filename of the
attachment contains a single quote, which is not translated into a
proper URL and thus creates an invalid link.
As workaround, I have told our users to simply cut off the file name
after the Transaction ID in the browser, for example to replace

https://rt.example.com/Ticket/Attachment/5475720/2674832/carte%20d%26%2339%3Bidentit%C3%A9e.doc
(the link created by an attachment called "carte d'identitée.doc")
by:
https://rt.example.com/Ticket/Attachment/5475720/2674832/

The attachment will then be shown.
How can this be fixed? Any idea?