[rt-users] A way to send a mail once a field in the ticket is filled

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Fri Mar 6 13:50:29 EST 2009

> I'm looking for a way to send an email with the information extracted from
> the ticket once a particular field is completed.
> is that someone has an idea?

You could write a program that extracts ticket information using the REST
interface and then emails it in whatever format you like.  But it would be
nice to simply have a button in the web interface that does "email this
ticket history to watchers" or some such.  Other ticket systems I've used
had that, so I was bit surprised to find that RT did not.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117
   http://www.bitstatement.net/